A Systems Thinking Perspective on a Manufacturing Base Restoration Initiative, June 14, 2002 (revised 7/23/02) 869K
Table of Contents:
A Systems Thinking Perspective on A Manufacturing Base Restoration Initiative - Part II, Bob Powell, Continuous Improvement Associates, 12/01/02 (Revised 6/22/03) (272K)
Table of Contents
- Issue: Focus on high value-added products
- Issue: Manufacturing base restoration initiative focus?
- On "feasible initiatives" vs. "reversing national trends."
- Issue: Cutting taxes to meet global competition
- Issue: Government incentives for R&D and employing Americans
- Issue: Attracting high wage jobs
- Issue: Artificially high wages due to unionization
- Excerpt A: On downsizing reengineering and restructuring from Competing for the Future by Hamel & Prahalad
- Excerpt B. On management vs. high wages being the source of the competitiveness challenge from Competing for the Future by Hamel & Prahalad
- Excerpt C: from The Future of Capitalism by Lester Thurow (1996)
- Excerpt D: from "The Long Wave Decline and the Politics of Depression" by John Sterman presentation to the Bank Credit Analyst Conference, 1992.
- Article: Split in Ranks of Business and G.O.P. on Tax Cuts, 11/29/02
- Article: Manufacturing Contracts for Third Month, 12/2/02
- Article: Special Visa's Use for Tech Workers Is Challenged, 5/30/03